Interviews will vary depending on the interviewer. An experienced interviewer, more often than not, will conduct a friendly interview. The less nervous you are, the more information you will be prepared to give. The interviewer knows what information he wants from you and will therefore angle his questions towards this.
Letting the employer know that you are interested in the position is very important. Here are some questions that you could ask the interviewer at the end of the interview, if they have not already been mentioned:
- Who are our customers?
- Will I be required to travel?
- What will my responsibilities be?
- Will training be provided?
- Salary/bonuses/holidays etc
Here are some general rules for the interviewee:
- Confirm interview date, time and contact name
- Arrive for interview with time to spare
- Be well presented - first impressions count!
- Maintain eye contact
- Be truthful
- Research the company
- Overstate salary expectations
- Bad-mouth present/past employers