An ideal boss:
The ideal employer should be fair and understanding but not afraid to repremand employees for misconduct. They should take training and education levels into consideration and provide for an employees personal needs.
- will give credit and praise where it is due.
- will provide or arrange to provide training relevant to an employees job.
- will not discriminate against an employees beliefs or preferences.
- will communicate clearly with employees at all times.
An overpowering boss will intimidate and alienate employees but an over-friendly boss will give employees a mis-guided sense of complacency.
Ability and Motivation.
Motivation is a very important job for the employer. Without being motivated, your staff will do as they please.
The overall performance of your company will depend on the staff's ability and motivation.
Their ability is a result of their education and training, which can take a while to develop.
Motivation, on the other hand, can be improved very quickly in four simple ways:
- Positive reinforcement
- Effective discipline/punishment
- Treating people fairly
- Rewards based on job performance